Monday 17 February 2014

EXTRACT OF HELL, JOHN BUNYAN



Extract from John Bunyan Testimony,Vision of Heaven and Hell!

John Bunyan (28 November 1628 – 31 August 1688) was an English Christian writer and preacher. He is the author of The Pilgrim's Progress, arguably the most famous published Christian allegory. In addition to The Pilgrim's Progress, Bunyan wrote nearly sixty titles, many of them expanded sermons.
.............................
And the devil said: “Don’t you know you have deserved it all?
How often where you told of this before, but wouldn’t believe?
You laughed at those who warned you about hell.
You were even so presumptuous as if there is an almighty justice to destroy you.
How often you called on God to damn you?
Do you complain that you were answered according to your wishes, what an unreasonable thing?
You know that you had salvation offered to you and you refused it;
How can you complain of being dead?
I have more reason to complain;
For, you had a long time in which repentance was offered to you, but I was cast into hell as soon as I had sinned.
If I had been offered salvation, I would never have rejected as you did.
Who do you think should pity you now, with all that heaven have offered to you?”...
............................
Then, turning to demons that tortured me: “But I also came here through your temptation, you curse devil.
You were the one that tempted me to do all of my sins, and now you would reproach me.
“You said, you never had a savior offered to you, but you never had a tempter such as you have always been to me”.

And the devil replied: “It was my business to lead you here.
You had often been warned by this, by your preacher;
You were plainly told that they will be such a ruin.
I was so often afraid that you will believe them, as several other souls did to our great disappointment, but you were willing to do what we wanted.
And since, you have done our work, it is quite reasonable that we pay you wages.
If they did expect gratitude among devil, will find themselves mistaken.
Gratitude is a virtue.
But we hate all virtue; besides, we hate all mankind.
And we are already in our power, not one of them should be happy.
It is true we do not tell them upon the earth, because there, there is our business to flatter and deceive them.
But when we have them here were they cannot escape, we soon convince them of their foolishness and serving us.
.......................

Rudy Delest  Thank You for Your Testimony J.B. lets share <3

No comments:

Post a Comment